Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Not-So-Secret Secret Spot: Kilauea Bakery (Kauai)

Wanting something light for lunch, I headed to a spot that I've always gone to when I want a quiet spot to dine and work.  It's out of the way, hidden of the main roads, and has always had a quiet charm to it. 



Imagine my surprise when I got there this morning and it was crawling with what seemed like the entire population of Kauai.  Every table was taken and there was a long line to order as well. 


Taken during a quiet period before the next rush


While Yelp, blogs like mine, and other forms of social media have made this place popular, and therefore established, it has lost a little if it's intimate charm which makes me a little sad

On the other hand, they still have great food with the best coconut macaroons I've ever had.  

Bagels (salmon cream cheese), coconut macaroons, and coffee














Thanks for playing .

No comments:

Post a Comment