Translate

Monday, April 6, 2015

Vegetarian Salad for a Carnivore

Being an unapologetic meat eater, you'll rarely see me wax poetic the wonderment of a vegan salad.  Nonetheless, this corn black bean salad with lime vinaigrette is a favorite of mine after discovering it's simple pleasures online last summer (recipe here). 
The secret to it's magic is in its simplicity by best utilizing the raw freshness of corn, bell peppers, shallots, and garlic, lifted to completion with the citrus notes of freshly squeezed limes.

I highly recommend the use of fresh corn if available to you

  Needless to say, it's important to buy good ingredients, local if possible, to maximize it's potential. 

Add beans, bell peppers, etc (I cheated with the garlic paste). . .

I like mixing this way so as not to squash any beans

Save those avocados for last and voila!!
I've made this several times over the last year and has become a pool bbq staple.  Maybe this could be a good gateway good to transition you from the doldrums of a long winter to the upcoming warmth of summer. 
Great salad but I still wanted meat (pulled pork on Hawaiian sweet roll and grilled buffalo wings).


Thanks for playing with me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment