Translate

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pondering Your Morning Coffee (Part II)

With my lovely son waking me up at 6:30am I had an early opportunity to try my salted coffee. 


As you can see, all the grains were absorbed into the brewing process.

With my favorite mug in hand, I cautiously and eagerly poured my first cup (black). 


With the first sip, I did notice a slight reduction of bitterness, but what really made an impact was the aftertaste.  After drinking a couple of sips down, I notice that there wasn't the usual odd burnt tail that usually accompanies auto-drip style coffee, and the overall experience is much more well-rounded and satisfying.  Please keep in mind that I was already using 100% Kona Extra Fancy (my 2nd fave bean) but even the improvement to this was noticeable.

So what does this mean?  For now, I need to experiment more and find where the salinity breakpoint is by increasing the salt a few grains each day.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment